20 KAR 1:020. Unclaimed property; definitions; location of owners.
RELATES TO: KRS 393.280(2)
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 393.280
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: This administrative regulation sets out definitions for this and all administrative regulations relating to KRS Chapter 393, and establishes a policy to locate owners of unclaimed property.
Section 1. The department shall make reasonable efforts to locate the owners of unclaimed property reported to the department such as:
(1) Contracted services with established firms, credit bureaus, telephone networking companies;
(2) Intergovernmental agency agreements;
(3) Use of computerized information on telephone lists, directories, voter information, or other available data;
(4) Civic or professional meetings or gatherings; or
(5) Public media and printed material. (21 Ky.R. 681; Am. 1280; eff. 10-12-94.)