11 KAR 5:180. Records and reports.
RELATES TO: KRS 164.740-164.764, 164.780, 164.785
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 164.748(4)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 164.748(4) requires the Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority or KHEAA to promulgate administrative regulations pertaining to the awarding of grants, scholarships, and honorary scholarships as provided in KRS 164.740 to 164.785. The Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority administers grant programs to provide financial assistance to students to attend Kentucky educational institutions. This administrative regulation establishes recording and reporting requirements for educational institutions.
Section 1. Records and Reports. An educational institution shall:
(1) Establish an organized system of records pertaining to KHEAA grant recipient eligibility;
(2) Maintain these records for a period of not less than three (3) years after the award year in which the recipient ceased enrollment; and
(3) Upon request, make available to the authority:
(a) All records relied upon by that institution to certify that any recipient of funds from the authority is an eligible student; and
(b) Information necessary to verify that the institution has complied with:
1. 11 KAR Chapter 5;
2. The federal act, as it is defined in 11 KAR 5:001, Section 1(13); and
3. Representations and requirements contained in its agreement with the authority. (15 Ky.R. 1609; eff. 2-3-89; Am. 16 Ky.R. 2690; eff. 8-9-90; 18 Ky.R. 3485; eff. 8-1-92; 21 Ky.R. 449; eff. 10-6-94; 29 Ky.R. 2498; 2863; eff. 6-3-2003.)